As of today, a total of 11 sites have tested positive for legionella within the impact zone. Additionally, 4 sites have previously tested positive for legionella outside of the impact zone that are not necessarily related to the outbreak in the South Bronx.
Today an additional 3 sites have tested positive for legionella that were identified as a result of testing done by the State over the weekend outside the impact zone and not necessarily related to the outbreak in the South Bronx.
In combination, to date a total of 18 sites have been identified inside and outside of the impact zone.
Regardless of test results, every cooling tower identified in the impact zone has been immediately ordered disinfected and remediated, and any site that has tested positive has been immediately ordered disinfected and remediated.
The following is a list of the sites within the impact zone that have been identified as of today:
• Concourse Plaza, 198 E. 161st. St.
• Opera House Hotel, 436 E. 149 St.
• Lincoln Hospital, 234 E. 149th St.
• Streamline Plastics, 2950 Park Ave.
• Daughters of Jacob Nursing Home, 1160 Teller Ave.
• Post Office, 558 Grand Concourse
• Verizon, 117 E. 167th St.
• Bronx Housing Courts, 1118 Grand Concourse
• NYC Department of Education, 455 Southern Boulevard. Also called Samuel Gompers High School.
• DHS PATH Intake Center, 151 East 151st Street.
• Bronx Hall of Justice, 245 E 161ST Street
The following sites have been identified as testing positive but are outside the impact zone and not necessarily related to the outbreak:
• Verizon, 1106 Hoe Ave.
• Police Dept., 1086 Simpson St.
• 1201 Lafayette Ave.
• 230 East 123rd St.
The 3 sites identified by State testing outside of the impact zone identified today will be released shortly.
Contact the Marler Clark Legionnaires Attorneys
If you or a family member became ill with a Legionnaires infection after consuming contaminated water and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark Legionnaires attorneys for a free case evaluation. You can fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032. There is no cost to you.