- Cheeti A, Chakraborty RK, Ramphul K. (2020). Reactive Arthritis (Reiter Syndrome). In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/b....
- Ajene AN, Fischer Walker CL, Black RE. (2013). Enteric Pathogens and Reactive Arthritis: A Systematic Review of Campylobacter, Salmonella and Shigella-associated Reactive Arthritis. J Health Popul Nutr. 31(3):299-307.
- Ehrenfeld M. (2012). Spondyloarthropathies. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 26(1):135-45.
- Panush RS, Wallace DJ, Dorff RE, Engleman EP. (2007). Retraction of the suggestion to use the term "Reiter's syndrome" sixty-five years later: the legacy of Reiter, a war criminal, should not be eponymic honor but rather condemnation. Arthritis Rheum. 56(2): 693-4.
- Townes JM. (2010). Reactive arthritis after enteric infections in the United States: the problem of definition. Clin Infect Dis. 50(2):247-54.
- Sibilia J, Limbach FX. (2002). Reactive arthritis or chronic infectious arthritis? Ann Rheum Dis. 61(7):580-7.
- Sheehan NJ. (2004). The ramifications of HLA-B27. J R Soc Med. 97(1):10-4.
Outbreaks and recalls
November 24, 2023
Common Myths and Misconceptions About E. coli
E. coli is often referred to as the best or most-studied free-living organism. More than 700 serotypes of E. coli have been identified. The “O” and “H” antigens on the...
July 12, 2023
Why E. coli Outbreaks happen not just in Beef
Although foods of bovine origin are the most common cause of both outbreaks and sporadic cases of E. coli O157:H7 infections, outbreaks of illnesses have been linked to a wide...
May 20, 2023
What To Expect During E. coli O157:H7 Litigation
E. coli litigation is all about causation (did a particular food product cause the illness) and damages (what are your past, present and future costs)....
March 26, 2023
E. coli recall linked Elkhart Valley Packing
Elkhorn Valley Packing, a Harper, Kan. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,436 pounds of boneless beef chuck product that may be contaminated with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) O103, the U.S...