- Willison HJ, Jacobs BC, van Doorn PA. (2016). Guillain-Barré syndrome. Lancet. 388(10045):717-27.
- Toscano G, et al. (2020). Guillain-Barré Syndrome Associated with SARS-CoV-2. N Engl J Med. 382(26):2574-6.
- Hadden RD, et al. (1998). Electrophysiological classification of Guillain-Barré syndrome: clinical associations and outcome. Plasma Exchange/Sandoglobulin Guillain-Barré Syndrome Trial Group. Ann Neurol. 44(5):780-8.
- Nishimoto Y, Odaka M, Hirata K, Yuki N. (2004). Usefulness of anti-GQ1b IgG antibody testing in Fisher syndrome compared with cerebrospinal fluid examination. J Neuroimmunol. 148(1-2):200-5.
- Hughes RAC, et al. (2003). Practice parameter: immunotherapy for Guillain-Barré syndrome: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 61(6):736-40.
- Patwa HS, Chaudhry V, Katzberg H, Rae-Grant AD, So YT. (2012). Evidence-based guideline: intravenous immunoglobulin in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders: report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 78(13):1009-15.
- Rajabally YA, Uncini A. (2012). Outcome and its predictors in Guillain-Barre syndrome. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 83(7):711-8.
- “Guillain-Barré Syndrome Fact Sheet.” National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, 16 Mar. 2020. Available at: www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-sheets/Guillain-Barr%C3%A9-Syndrome-Fact-Sheet.
- “Miller Fisher Syndrome Information Page: What research is being done?” National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, 27 Mar. 2019. Available at: www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Miller-Fisher-Syndrome-Information-Page.
- “Guillain-Barré Syndrome.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20 Dec. 2019. Available at: www.cdc.gov/campylobacter/guillain-barre.html.
Outbreaks and recalls
July 12, 2023
Why E. coli Outbreaks happen not just in Beef
Although foods of bovine origin are the most common cause of both outbreaks and sporadic cases of E. coli O157:H7 infections, outbreaks of illnesses have been linked to a wide...
March 26, 2023
E. coli recall linked Elkhart Valley Packing
Elkhorn Valley Packing, a Harper, Kan. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,436 pounds of boneless beef chuck product that may be contaminated with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) O103, the U.S...
February 26, 2023
Seattle Times: 30 years after the deadly E. coli outbreak, a Seattle attorney still fights for food safety
Bill Marler never expected to build a career out of bad food. But 30 years later, he’s still at it. From salmonella-tainted cantaloupe to listeria-laced lunchmeat, Marler Clark — which...
January 06, 2023
Bill Marler: Taking on E. coli, Big Ag, Raw Milk Conspiracy Theorists and the USDA
In yesterday’s post, I wrote about Bill Marler, the influential, outspoken, high-profile attorney who is representing Stephanie Smith in her $100 million lawsuit against Cargill. Smith, an ex-dance instructor from...