- Marshall JK, et al. (2006). Incidence and Epidemiology of Irritable Bowel Syndrome After a Large Waterborne Outbreak of Bacterial Dysentery. Gastroenterology. 131(2): 445-50.
- Svendsen AT, Bytzer P, Engsbro AL. (2019). Systematic Review With Meta-Analyses: Does the Pathogen Matter in Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Scand J Gastroenterol. 54(5):546-62.
- Ford AC, et al. (2010). Prevalence of Uninvestigated Dyspepsia 8 Years After a Large Waterborne Outbreak of Bacterial Dysentery: A Cohort Study. Gastroenterology. 138(5): 1727-36.
- Futagami S, Itoh T, Sakamoto C. (2015). Systematic Review With Meta-Analysis: Post-Infectious Functional Dyspepsia. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 41(2): 177-88.
- Schmulson MJ, Drossman DA. (2017). What Is New in Rome IV. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 23(2):151-63.
Foodborne Illnesses / Irritable Bowel Syndrome /
Irritable Bowel Syndrome References
Outbreaks and recalls
March 26, 2023
E. coli recall linked Elkhart Valley Packing
Elkhorn Valley Packing, a Harper, Kan. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,436 pounds of boneless beef chuck product that may be contaminated with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) O103, the U.S...
January 06, 2023
Bill Marler: Taking on E. coli, Big Ag, Raw Milk Conspiracy Theorists and the USDA
In yesterday’s post, I wrote about Bill Marler, the influential, outspoken, high-profile attorney who is representing Stephanie Smith in her $100 million lawsuit against Cargill. Smith, an ex-dance instructor from...
December 11, 2022
What You Should Know About E. coli in Manure
E. coli O157:H7 bacteria and other pathogenic E. coli mostly live in the intestines of cattle, but E. coli bacteria have also been found in the intestines of chickens, deer...
December 07, 2022
POISONED: The True Story of the Deadly E. Coli Outbreak That Changed the Way Americans Eat.
At the end of 1992, Jack in the Box was the fifth-largest fast-food chain in the country, courting the market with the Monster Burger and its soon-to-be-immensely-regretted slogan, “So good...