In a February 3 statement to customers, dairy owner Edwin Shank wrote on the Your Family Cow Website: “You trusted us to never do this. But … it was us. Food from our farm has made people sick.”
Campylobacter food poisoning
Campylobacter jejuni bacteria, which can be found in raw milk or other foods, causes an illness called campylobacteriosis. Diarrhea, which is often bloody, is a common symptom of Campylobacter infection. Other symptoms include fever, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, and muscle pain. Some individuals who become ill with campylobacteriosis develop Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare disease that causes acute generalized paralysis.
Campylobacter bactiera found in Your Family Cow milk bottles
Maryland health officials found the outbreak strain of Campylobacter bacteria in 2 unopened bottles of raw milk from the dairy.
Contact the Marler Clark Campylobacter Attorneys
If you or a family member became ill with a Campylobacter infection after consuming raw milk from Your Family Cow dairy and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark Campylobacter lawyers for a free case evaluation. Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of Campylobacter outbreaks and other foodborne illnesses. The law firm has represented thousands of victims of foodborne illness infections, and is the only firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation.
Fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032 for a free case evaluation.