Wild Ginger Campylobacter Outbreak and Litigation - New York (2019)
A lawsuit was filed by Marler Clark, the Food Safety Law Firm and Heisman, Nunes and Hull against Wild Ginger Asian Fusion, Inc., in Cortland County Supreme Court on behalf of Christina Gordon, a woman who became violently ill with Campylobacteriosis after eating at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion days earlier.
The Campylobacter attorneys at Marler Clark and their colleagues have represented four of the victims in this outbreak, achieving settlements covering medical expenses, wage loss, and pain and suffering. These cases have been successfully settled.
In early November 2019, the Cortland County New York Health Department alerted residents of an outbreak of Campylobacteriosis among people who ate at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion, between 10/18/2019 and 10/31/2019.
On October 25, 2019, Ms. Gordon purchased and consumed food and drink at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion, located at 45 Main Street, Corland, New York. Four days later, she began experiencing the onset of symptoms, which included, diarrhea, dizziness, and body pains which worsened over the course of the week.
With persistent symptoms, Ms. Gordon sought medical care at a local clinic, where a stool culture tested positive for a Campylobacter infection. Ms. Gordon continues to recover from her infection and related injuries.
In early November, the Cortland County New York Health Department alerted residents of an outbreak of Campylobacteriosis among people who ate at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion, between 10/18/2019 and 10/31/2019.
“Although complications from Campylobacter food poisoning are rare, they do occur in some cases, including Guillan-Barre syndrome, reactive arthritis, and appendicitis", said Bill Marler.
Seven patrons tested positive for this bacterial infection. The investigation by the Cortand County Health Department regarding the Campylobacter outbreak is over at this time.