Salmonella victims sue Brook-Lea
Victims of a salmonella outbreak at Brook-Lea Country Club last summer are suing the country club, saying the Gates club turned its back on a serious health problem among its food handlers.
The lawsuit was filed in Monroe County Court today (Jan. 23). A Seattle law firm, known for representing food-borne illness victims, is representing 70 people who contracted the illness during two outbreaks in June and July.
The illness, characterized by severe fever, cramps and diarrhea, infected 106 people, including employees and patrons.