Health Department Determines Cause of Sickness from Local Blimpie's


The Kent County Health Department says a Norovirus, more commonly known as food poisoning, is what made more than a hundred people sick earlier this month.

Two separate groups that got food from the Blimpie's Restaurant on Leonard, complained about getting ill.

Health department officials say Norovirus cases are spread through food items coming in contact with feces.

The restaurant was informed of proper hand washing and cleanliness procedures and has since re-opened.