Family Sues Claremont Hotel for Needle Stick to 2 Year Old


SEATTLE, WA -- David Babcock, an attorney with Marler Clark, L.L.P., P.S., filed suit today on behalf of the Rogers family of Pullman, Washington. Two-year-old Madelynn Rogers, stepped on a needle left in the carpet of the family’s Claremont Hotel room during a visit to Seattle last October. As a result of the needle-stick, Madelynn had to undergo three rounds of testing for HIV and Hepatitis. Fortunately, the test results all came back negative. Nonetheless, the fear and anxiety of the incident and subsequent testing has been an ordeal for the entire family. To date, the Claremont has not been able to determine the source of the needle.

The complaint alleges that The Claremont Hotel failed to provide reasonably safe premises for the Rogers. The Rogers are seeking an unspecified amount of damages for their pain and suffering.

“After their child was stuck by this needle, Margo and Dennis Rogers spent many sleepless nights and tense doctor visits thinking about the risk to their daughter,” said Mr. Babcock.

###

Background: Marler Clark has extensive experience representing injured persons. Mr. Marler represented Brianne Kiner in her $15.6 million settlement with Jack in the Box. He also secured compensation totaling $30 million for other victims from the 1993 Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak. In May 1998, Marler Clark settled the Odwalla Juice E. coli outbreak for the five families whose children were severely injured after consuming Odwalla apple juice. Marler Clark is currently lead counsel in actions stemming from several E. coli, Salmonella, Shigella and Hepatitis outbreaks in Washington, California, Ohio, Missouri and Arizona. Marler Clark has litigated on behalf of children against KFC, McDonalds, Hardees, Subway, Carl’s Jr., and Sizzler.