Deadly Listeria Outbreak Linked to Jensen Farms Rocky Ford Cantaloupe
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at least 147 people in 28 states were identified as part of the Listeria outbreak traced to Rocky Ford cantaloupes grown by Jensen Farms in August and September of 2011. 33 deaths and 1 miscarriage were officially attributed to this outbreak, though the total dead may be as high as 36.
Lawsuits Filed on Behalf of Cantaloupe Listeria Victims
The Marler Clark Listeria lawyers filed 45 separate lawsuits on behalf of families from multiple states who were victimized in this outbreak.
Cantaloupes Recalled for Listeria Contamination
Jensen Farms recalled its Rocky Ford whole cantaloupes on September 14, 2011. Additional companies recalled cantaloupe after determining it was purchased from Jensen Farms and could be contaminated with Listeria.
Listeria Infection and Symptoms
Listeriosis is a serious infection caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium called Listeria monocytogenes. Symptoms may include muscle ache, fever, diarrhea, and nausea. In some cases the infection may spread to the nervous system which, in severe cases, may cause brain infection and/or meningitis. Listeria is especially dangerous in immune-deficient individuals such as young children and the elderly. Pregnant women who contract Listeria are at risk for miscarriage or still birth.
Contact the Marler Clark Listeria Attorneys
If you or a family member became ill with a Listeria infection after consuming contaminated cantaloupe and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark attorneys for a free case evaluation. Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of Listeria and other foodborne illnesses, and is the only firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. The firm recently won a $1.1 million judgment on behalf of the family of a man who ate Listeria-contaminated celery and died.
You can fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032. There is no cost to you.
- Listeria Cantaloupe Lawsuit Filed in Death of New Mexico Woman
- Second Cantaloupe Listeria Death Lawsuit Filed in New Mexico
- Cantaloupe Listeria Lawsuit Filed on Behalf of Louisiana Victim’s Family
- Second Listeria Lawsuit Filed Against Cantaloupe Producer
- Texas Family Files Listeria Lawsuit Against Cantaloupe Producer
- Fourth Lawsuit Filed in Jensen Farms Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak
- Marler Clark Attorneys File Fifth Cantaloupe Listeria Lawsuit
- Marler Clark Files Sixth Listeria Lawsuit Against Cantaloupe Producer, Distributor
- Dallas County Listeria Death Leads to Lawsuit Against Cantaloupe Producer, Distributor
- Marler Clark Files Cantaloupe Listeria Lawsuit on Behalf of Kansas City Family