The Listeria lawyers of Marler Clark have many years of experience working with clients on Listeria outbreak lawsuits.
Listeria monocytogenes (Listeria) is a foodborne disease-causing bacteria; the disease caused by the ingestion of Listeria bacteria is called listeriosis. Listeria can invade the body through a normal and intact gastrointestinal tract.
Once in the body, Listeria can travel through the blood stream; itinvades and grows best in the central nervous system among immune compromised persons, causing meningitis and/or encephalitis (brain infection). In pregnant women, the fetus can become infected with Listeria, leading to spontaneous abortion, stillbirths, or sepsis (blood infection) in infancy.
Listeria outbreaks pose a very serious threat to the public, with approximately 2,500 cases of listeriosis estimated to occur in the U.S. each year. About 200 in every 1000 cases result in death. Certain groups of individuals are at greater risk for listeriosis, including pregnant women (and their unborn children), the elderly, and immunocompromised persons such as cancer and AIDS patients. We are represent the families of individuals who have suffered illness from this bacterium.
The Marler Clark Listeria lawyers have unmatched experience representing victims of Listeria. Our Listeria lawyers have represented victims of notable Listeria outbreaks such as the 2011 Jensen Farms Listeria outbreak, the 2010 Sangar Fresh Cut Produce Listeria outbreak, and the 2007 Whittier Farms Listeria outbreak. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits
- Abbott Cheese Listeria Litigation - British Columbia (2002)
- Caramel Apple Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits - Multistate (2014)
- Jensen Farms Rocky Ford Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits - Nationwide (2011)
- Listeria Lawsuit Filed Against Dole After Two Dozen Sickened
- Marte brand Frescolina ricotta salata cheese Listeria outbreak - Multistate (2012)
- Sangar Fresh Cut Produce Listeria Outbreak Lawsuit - Texas (2010)
- Vulto Creamery Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits - Multistate (2017)
- Whittier Farms Pasteurized Milk Listeria Outbreak Lawsuit - Massachusetts (2007)