The Listeria lawyers of Marler Clark have over 20 years of experience working with clients on Listeria outbreak lawsuits. See, www.listerialitigation.com.
Listeria monocytogenes (Listeria) is a foodborne disease-causing bacteria; the disease caused by the ingestion of Listeria bacteria is called listeriosis. Listeria can invade the body through a normal and intact gastrointestinal tract.
Once in the body, Listeria can travel through the blood stream; itinvades and grows best in the central nervous system among immune compromised persons, causing meningitis and/or encephalitis (brain infection). In pregnant women, the fetus can become infected with Listeria, leading to spontaneous abortion, stillbirths, or sepsis (blood infection) in infancy.
Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria can cause listeriosis, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women and newborns. Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups are affected.
Listeriosis (disease caused by Listeria) can cause fever, muscle aches, headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance and convulsions sometimes preceded by diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms.
Listeriosis is treated with antibiotics. Persons in the higher-risk categories who experience flu-like symptoms within two months after eating contaminated food should seek medical care and tell the health care provider about eating the contaminated food. See, www.about-listeria.com.
The Listeria lawyers at Marler Clark represent the families of individuals who have suffered illness or the loss of a loved one from this deadly bacterium.
The Marler Clark Listeria attorneys have unmatched experience representing victims of Listeria. Our Listeria lawyers have represented thousands of victims of notable Listeria outbreaks such as the 2011 Jensen Farms Listeria outbreak where over 30 people died, the 2010 Sangar Fresh Cut Produce Listeria outbreak, the 2007 Whittier Farms Listeria outbreak and the 2017 Vulto Creamery Listeria outbreak. We are presently assisting in a Listeria outbreak in South Africa that sickened over 1,000 and killed over 200.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and what we can do the help. Call: 1-800-884-9840, Email: email@example.com or fill in the confidential form above.
Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits
- Abbott Cheese Listeria Litigation - British Columbia (2002)
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Listeria Outbreak and Litigation - Multistate (2015)
- Jensen Farms Rocky Ford Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Lawsuits - Nationwide (2011)
- Listeria Lawsuit Filed Against Dole After Two Dozen Sickened
- Marte brand Frescolina ricotta salata cheese Listeria outbreak - Multistate (2012)
- Sangar Fresh Cut Produce Listeria Outbreak Lawsuit - Texas (2010)
- Vulto Creamery Listeria Cheese Litigation - Multistate (2017)
- Which Foods Does Listeria Affect?
- Whittier Farms Pasteurized Milk Listeria Outbreak Lawsuit - Massachusetts (2007)