June 24, 2009
Nestle is voluntarily recalling all Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products.
SEATTLE – A Yelm woman who allegedly got sick after eating cookie dough tainted with E.coli is suing Nestle.
The suit, filed in federal court, claims Lindsay Phillips ate Nestle cookie dough several times in early May. On May 11, she began suffering abdominal pain and other symptoms. Doctors initially diagnosed her with dysentery, prescribed antibiotics and sent her home.
When the symptoms got worse, Phillips, 18, returned to the hospital, where tests revealed she was infected with E.coli. It was later determined that it was the same strain that was associated with a Nestle cookie dough recall.
Nestle announced the voluntary recall of the dough on June 18.
Her attorneys say Phillips was released from the hospital five days after getting sick and is still recovering.
The suit did not specify damages Phillips is seeking.
As of Wednesday, the suit claims 70 people across 30 states, including Washington have been infected.