SEATTLE (May 26, 2005) – A lawsuit was filed Thursday against the Grand Rapids Blimpie’s Restaurant that was the source of a Norovirus outbreak in early May. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Douglas Devries, a Grand Rapids resident who became ill with Norovirus after eating sub sandwiches purchased at the Blimpie’s Restaurant located at 1040 Leonard NW. Mr. Devries is represented by Marler Clark, the Seattle attorneys who have successfully represented thousands of victims of foodborne illness across the nation, and Michael Heilmann, a respected Southfield, Michigan attorney.
In the complaint, which was filed in Kent County Circuit Court, attorneys allege that Mr. Devries purchased three subs from Blimpie’s on May 4. He ate two of the sandwiches for lunch, one on May 4 and one on May 5. On May 6, Mr. Devries became ill with symptoms of Norovirus, which include fever, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
“Blimpie’s had a duty to sell a product that was wholesome and unadulterated. Unfortunately, they sold my client a defective product that was harmful to his health,” said William Marler, managing partner of Marler Clark. “Anyone who has experienced a Norovirus infection knows it’s not a pleasant experience. Mr. Devries just wants to be compensated for what he’s gone through.”
Continue reading Norovirus lawsuit filed against Blimpie’s on the Marler Clark website.