Nebraska Man Sues Sprout Company Linked to Outbreak
Attorneys for an Omaha man who said he was sickened after eating contaminated alfalfa sprouts is suing a local company tied to a multistate salmonella outbreak.
Stephen Beumler said he became ill after eating alfalfa sprouts March 1. Days later, his doctor confirmed he had been infected with the salmonella St. Paul strain.
He is suing CW Sprouts, Inc., whose SunSprout products were linked by health officials to the outbreak in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado and South Dakota.
Seattle food safety law firm Marler Clark and Omaha's Ausman Law Firm filed the lawsuit Tuesday in Douglas County District Court.
The Omaha company has defended its products.
When reached Tuesday, a company spokesman who hadn't yet seen the lawsuit declined to comment.