Forest Ranch Fire Department Fundraiser E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits - California (2008)
On September 6, 2008, 300-400 people attended a fund raiser for the volunteer fire department of Forest Ranch, CA. By September 24, twenty four of the people who ate at the BBQ fundraiser had tested positive for E. coli O157:H7, including a 6-year-old girl who was airlifted to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. Health officials have linked the outbreak to tri-tip beef served at the event.
Marler Clark represented six victims of the Forest Ranch outbreak, including one child who developed HUS as a complication of infection from E. coli O157:H7.
For more information about HUS, visit http://www.about-hus.com/.