Bolthouse Farms Carrot Juice Botulism Outbreak Lawsuit - Florida (2006)
Marler Clark represented the sons of a Florida woman who suffered botulism and died after drinking contaminated Bolthouse Farms carrot juice in 2006. She was one of 6 people in the U.S. and Canada who became ill with botulism poisoning after consuming the carrot juice.
In September of 2006, the Georgia Division of Public Health, Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention joined to investigate several cases of botulism. The investigation ultimately resulted in the identification of Bolthouse Farms carrot juice as the source of the botulism outbreak. Three Georgia residents, the Florida woman, and two Ontario, Canada residents were diagnosed with botulism during the outbreak.
The woman's claim was resolved.