BBQ Shack in Toccoa, GA Source of E. coli Outbreak
According to the Stephens County Health Department, an E. coli O157:H7 outbreak occurred among BBQ Shack patrons in early May; most E. coli cases were in Georgia residents, and at least one was from South Carolina. Iced tea is being investigated along with other foods as the potential source of the E. coli outbreak.
7 people were hospitalized with E. coli infections, 5 with HUS, after eating at the BBQ Shack in early May
Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a complication of E. coli infection that can cause acute kidney failure. Children are most likely to develop HUS.
Symptoms of E. coli infection include painful abdominal cramping and diarrhea, which may be bloody. Anyone who ate at the BBQ Shack in Toccoa and is experiencing symptoms of E. coli should contact a healthcare provider and the local health department to report their illness.
Contact the Marler Clark E. coli Attorneys
If you or a family member became ill with an E. coli infection after consuming contaminated BBQ at the BBQ Shack in Toccoa and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark E. coli attorneys for a free case evaluation. Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of E. coli outbreaks and other foodborne illnesses. The law firm has represented thousands of victims of E. coli and other foodborne illness infections, and is the only firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation.
You can fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032. There is no cost to you.