BY NEWS DESK | MAY 1, 2013
At least 39 people fell ill with Salmonella infections after eating at a popular dining establishment in Las Vegas, according to local health authorities.
The outbreak was linked to Firefly, a tapas restaurant located on Paradise Road, according to the Southern Nevada Health District, which is leading the investigation.
The restaurant was closed Friday after health officials pinpointed the establishment as the likely source of the Salmonella cases, and remained closed as of Monday, reported KLAS-TV.
The restaurant was also cited for more than 40 health violations and fined $700, according to KLAS-TV.
Continue reading, "Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Las Vegas Restaurant" at Food Safety News.