By Dan Flynn | October 16, 2012
At least 29 children and 17 adults are now known to have been infected with the dangerous O157:H7 strain of E. coli while attending the Cleveland County Fair in North Carolina. The death of one of these victims, two-year-old Gage Lefever, has sent the community into mourning.
On its website, the Cleveland County Fair says it is “deeply grieved over the passing” of the boy. “Our sincerest condolences, thoughts, and prayers are with his family and with all of the families at this heartbreaking time,” it says.
Local new stations are also reporting that the 13-year-old son of county Sheriff Alan Norman also contracted an infection while working with animals at the fair.
Continue reading, "No Source Yet for Growing E. coli Outbreak Tied to NC County Fair" at Food Safety news.