The JBS Swift USA recall of 380,000 pounds of beef contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 also involves these retailers:
- Bloom and Food Lion Stores in Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia – beef cuts and ground beef
- CostCo – steaks, ribs, ground beef
- Hannaford Bros. Co. – beef cuts and ground beef
- Price Chopper – ground beef and beef loin bottom sirloin steaks.
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc., including Pick ‘n Save, Copps and Rainbow stores – beef cuts and fresh ground beef
- Stop & Shop Supermarket Company – ground beef
- WinCo Foods, LLC Stores in Idaho and Oregon – boneless bottom round roast, steak, carne asada, ground beef
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has so far been silent about the retailers involved in the recall. The retailers that have come forward have done so on their own.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises that meat recalled by JBS Swift USA was sold under the President’s Choice brand (steaks, roasts and ground beef) in the following stores:
- Ontario: Cash & Carry,Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Dominion, Extra Foods, Fortinos, Freshmart, Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaw Superstore, Valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs, Westfair, Sue’s Market (205 Don Head Village Blvd., Richmond Hill)
- Québec: AXEP, Intermarché, Loblaws, Entrepôt Presto, Club Entrepôt Provigo, Provigo
- Atlantic Provinces: Cash & Carry, Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Dominion, Freshmart, Red & White, Quick Mart, Save Easy, Atlantic Superstore, Valu-mart.