FAYETTEVILLE, NC—Seattle-based Marler Clark filed a third lawsuit* against the Holiday Inn Bordeaux today. The lawsuit was filed in Cumberland County Superior Court on behalf of Asheville resident Lacey Townsend, who alleges she became ill with a Salmonella infection after eating food purchased from the hotel’s restaurant “that was adulterated, not fit for human consumption, and that was not reasonably safe as designed, manufactured, or sold.”
According to the complaint, Lacey Townsend ate food purchased from the Holiday Inn on May 8 and May 9, 2013. She alleges that she fell ill with symptoms of Salmonella infection on May 10 and was transported to the ER at a local hospital on two occasions for treatment of her severe illness. The complaint states that the plaintiff is experiencing ongoing symptoms of Salmonella infection and continues to receive medical care.
On May 29, the Cumberland County Department of Public Health announced that 99 confirmed and suspected Salmonella cases had been traced to the Holiday Inn Bordeaux in Fayetteville and that 6 of those cases had been hospitalized.
“It’s been almost a month and my client still requires medical treatment due to her Salmonella infection,” said attorney Bill Marler. “No one should have to go through this much because of something they ate. We’re bringing this lawsuit in an effort to make her whole.”
BACKGROUND: Marler Clark has represented thousands of victims of Salmonella and other foodborne illness outbreaks across the nation.