Byon March 15, 2020
POSTED IN LAWYER OP-ED
Update: We added a donation to Bainbridge Island Helpline House Food Bank last night, and over the coming days, weeks and months, we will do more to help our communities.
Also, all Marler Clark staff are working from home except we will try having one person come in daily to deal with mail. We have everyone set up at their homes with all equipment needed to continue to care for our clients.
Courts are closing and meetings and hearings are being cancelled. Several food safety speeches have been cancelled or are being postponed. We are doing mediations this week scheduled in Denver and Rochester by video conferencing. Many of the Marler Clark staff will be working from home or on flexible schedules.
I think we all are feeling a bit anxious and helpless, but many of the most vulnerable are feeling fear and hunger as our economy contacts. Over the coming weeks we will do more and I urge all to do the same.
We are donating $5,000 each to the following local area Food Banks:
• The University District Food Bank: https://www.udistrictfoodbank.org/donate/food/
• FamilyWorks Family Resource Center and Food Banks: https://familyworksseattle.org/coronavirus-response/
• North Helpline Emergency Services and Food Bank: https://www.northhelpline.org/
• Mary’s Place Seattle: https://www.marysplaceseattle.org/
• North Helpline https://www.northhelpline.org/
• Ballard Food Bank https://www.ballardfoodbank.org/
• Stanwood Camano Food Bank Services https://www.stanwoodcamanofoodbank.org/
• Bainbridge Island Helpline House https://www.helplinehouse.org/food-bank/