Marler Clark filed a Salmonella lawsuit against A & R Bar-be-que of Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 2009. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a father and son who both became ill with Salmonella infections, and were both hospitalized with acute kidney failure after eating food purchased from the restaurant in mid-July.
The Shelby County Health Department began investigating the Salmonella outbreak after receiving reports of illness from A & R Bar-be-que customers on July 14, 2009. The majority of the 20 customers reporting illness had either eaten A & R’s food at the restaurant or at a family reunion on July 10 and 11.
The lawsuits on behalf of both father and son were successfully resolved prior to trial.
Salmonella Lawsuit Filed on Behalf of Memphis Father and Son Sickened by Food From Local BBQ