Los Chilangos served food at seven farmers markets in King and Snohomish Counties, operated two food trucks, and also catered events. Los Chilangos utilized a shared kitchen space, called a commissary kitchen. The kitchen that they used was Eastside Commercial Kitchen, where they shared space and equipment with about a dozen other food businesses.
The condition of the Eastside Commercial Kitchen and the potential for cross contamination were deemed an imminent health hazard, and the health officer issued a cease and desist order to the commissary on Thursday, August 27. Additionally, all of the food vendors permitted by Public Health that use this kitchen were also told to cease operations. Recognizing that this lapse in operation hurts business, our team has worked diligently with these vendors to find new places for them to resume their work and remind them about important food safety measures. Eastside Commercial Kitchen remains closed at this time, pending completion of required corrective action.
On September 2nd Los Chilangos was reopened. Some of the requirements by Seattle/King County Health include:
• Disposed of all food that could have potentially been a source of the outbreak
• Assured that all food workers are not ill
• Identified and signed a contract with a new commissary, which we have approved following a site inspection
• Washed, rinsed and sanitized all of their equipment before moving it to the new commissary.
• Made all staff available for additional food safety education from public health inspectors including sanitation, cross contamination, and cold and hot holding.
Contact the Marler Clark E. coli Attorneys
If you or a family member became ill with an E. coli infection after consuming contaminated food and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark E. coli attorneys for a free case evaluation. Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of E. coli outbreaks and other foodborne illnesses. The law firm has represented thousands of victims of E. coli and other foodborne illness infections, and is the only firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation.
You can fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032. There is no cost to you.