Las Vegas Firefly Restaurant Salmonella Outbreak


Firefly, a tapas restaurant located on Paradise Road in Las Vegas, was closed briefly after a Salmonella outbreak was traced to food served at the restaurant in April, 2013.

Marler Clark filed a lawsuit against the restaurant on May 3, 2013. The law firm represents over 130 people who became ill with Salmonella after eating at Firefly.

The restaurant was cited for more than 40 health violations and fined $700 during a health inspection conducted as part of the Salmonella outbreak investigation. After its investigation, the Southern Nevada Health District announced that an infected food worker carrying Salmonella was the source of the Salmonella outbreak.

Salmonella Infection

Salmonella infection causes painful abdominal cramping and diarrhea, which is sometimes bloody. A fever of 100 F to 102 F is common among Salmonella patients. Some victims of Salmonella infection also suffer from severe vomiting, headache and body aches.

Contact the Marler Clark Salmonella Attorneys

If you or a family member became ill with a Salmonella infection after consuming contaminated food at Firefly Restaurant and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, you can contact the Marler Clark Salmonella attorneys for a free case evaluation. Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of Salmonella outbreaks and other foodborne illnesses. The law firm has represented thousands of victims of Salmonella and other foodborne illness infections, and is the only firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. You can fill out the contact form or call toll-free at 866-770-2032. There is no cost to you.

Additional Resources